Win awards and prizes earn scholarships, and connect with like-spirited peers.
The Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC) honors 9th-12th grade students who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary for their computing-related achievements and interests, and encourages them to pursue their passions. This award does not require any technical, previous experience but rather focuses on their deep passion for technology. Recipients of the NCWIT AiC receive access to a community of more than 20,000 technical women and exclusive opportunities.
Traditionally this awards ceremony was exclusively offered in the United States, but recently they have opened up applications to Canadian students. We’re representing Western Canada and would love your support in promoting this opportunity to high school students.
Here are some of the perks for the winners:
- National winners will receive trophies
- Honorable mentions will receive certificates
- All winners will receive swag from AiC
- All winners will be invited to a virtual event presented by their local affiliate
- All winners will gain access to a Facebook group where internships and scholarships will be advertised
- All winners will be featured on our social media platforms
Here’s a snapshot of the timeline:
- September 1, 2020: Applications Open
- November 5, 2020: Applications Close
- January 2021: Application Reviews Finalized
- February 2021: Award Ceremony