High School Intern
Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
No additional locations
Job ID: 3053743
HP Incorporated is the world leader in printing technology. Vancouver, WA is one of the key sites for the development of inkJet printing engines within HP. The intern selected for this position would Applies basic level of subject matter knowledge to run experiments and solve a variety of mechanical engineering issues. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations. Works under the direct supervision of a team staff engineer who serves as the intern’s mentor. Intern will receive work assignments, job guidance, and technical support from their mentor. Intern may work with multiple mentors over the course of internship.
- Design portions of testbed for mechanical experiments.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs.
- Collaborates and communicates with partners on mechanical hardware design, testing, and development.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3rd Year of High School Completed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Some experience with CAD desirable.
- Ability to present data as part of a poster fair at the conclusion of the internship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, preferably in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.