What is Grasshopper?
What can I expect to learn using Grasshopper?
- Fundamentals – How code works, calling functions, variables, strings, for loops, arrays, conditionals, operators, objects, and how all these things work together.
- Fundamentals II – String and array methods, creating functions, introducing recursion and callbacks, and importing libraries.
- Intro to Interviewing – Decompose and model real world problems so that they can be solved using code, utilizing computational thinking.
- Animations I – Drawing shapes using the popular D3 library, defining functions, callback functions, and animations.
- Using a Code Editor – Introduction to a traditional style code editor (or IDE)
By the end of using Grasshopper’s current curriculum, you should be familiar with core programming concepts, be comfortable solving problems with code and be able to build a simple webpage.